Updating a WordPress site is a cakewalk for a technical squad, but for newbies, it could be a nuisance. However, it is mandatory to check WordPress for any updates on a regular basis so that your website will be up and running flawlessly. Thus, if you are from a non-tech background, avail the top-notch WordPress Support Services to learn the ways to safely update WordPress. Well, ignoring the update message receiving on your WordPress Dashboard probably leads to compatibility issues, malfunctions, or a site breakdown issue. Therefore, try not to ignore the WordPress available update otherwise it will badly impact your site rank and running fluency.
Luckily, there are a couple of straightforward ways to update WordPress without a roller-coaster. This post is inclined to proffer comprehensive guidelines for WordPress updates. So, don’t wag off! The updating procedure is at your fingertips. Just, feel free to obtain quality WordPress Support in this guide and hence secure your site from malware or other cyber attacks.
Prerequisite Points To Consider Before Updating WordPress
Before attempting to update WordPress with the current-released version, consider the following points:
- Read & Understand the Update Notice
The on-screen prompted instructions for WordPress updates will only be followed after reading carefully and understanding the update notice. Thus, suppose you’re upgrading from 5.9 versions, read about WordPress 6.0 released version. This can be effective in grabbing new features and security patches.
If you have any queries or you are unable to understand the released version of WordPress, get cost-effective WordPress Support Services from our adroit techies.
- Give a Short Glance On The Support Forums
Read the reviews written by the users who have already upgraded their WordPress to the latest version. Analyze what others say about the latest version of WordPress and whether it contains errors or bugs. Afterward, decide if it’s necessary to click the Update Now button or should have to wait longer.
- Backup WordPress
Backups typically prevent permanent data loss and act as a fallback plan when an error occurs during your site modification or updation. Thus, don’t forget to make a backup of your WordPress website from top-to-toe so that you can restore your site anytime.
- Turn Off Caching
Caching plugins will not recognize if a WordPress installation takes place, which can slow down the process. That’s why, you are recommended to first clear your WordPress cache and make the caching plugins disabled.
- Deactivate Other WordPress Plugins
Some recently launched WordPress updates aren’t compatible with certain plugins. This can result in an inaccessible website. So, without any second thought, deactivate the add-ons and extensions to install the update hassle-freely.
Possible Ways To Update WordPress Via WordPress Support Services
If you are a novice and have no idea about the process of upgrading WordPress, don’t worry! Beneath, we’ll show you how to update a WordPress site quickly and efficiently. So, let’s give a glimpse of the provided couple of methods for WordPress Update.
Way 1: Use WP Admin Dashboard
Here are the stepwise instructions to Update WordPress via WP Admin Dashboard:
- First and foremost, log in to your WordPress admin dashboard by using the correct credentials.
- Then, check if any new WordPress released version is available on the top page of the WordPress admin dashboard.
- If you find it, click on the “Please update now” link.
- Doing so will throw the Updates page.
- There, you’ll have to hit the “Update Now” button to let the updating process begins.
- In the end, you will receive a success message that states WordPress has been successfully upgraded from its previous version to the latest one.
Way 2: Update WordPress Via FTP
If you are unable to update a site via WordPress Dashboard, try to update the same via FTP. Get instant WordPress Support from experts or follow the below-noted steps:
- Download the recent version of WordPress and compress the ZIP file.
- Now, access the extracted folder and remove the “wp-config-sample.php” file and the “wp-content” folder to avoid losing your crucial data.
- Now, log in to your WordPress site your preferred FTP client.
- Now, locate the existing web host “wp-includes” and “wp-admin” directories on the right side of the panel.
- Give a right-click on these options and tap the “Delete” button to disappear them.
- After that, upload the rest of the unzipped WordPress files from your computer to the web host directory.
- When all files are uploaded appropriately, browse “yoursite.com/wp-admin/upgrade.php/” just to check if you’ve successfully finished the WordPress updates via FTP.
Way 3: Update WordPress Automatically
By enabling automatic updates, WordPress recently launched updates will be automatically installed whenever it is available. Here’s how you can turn on automatic WordPress updates:
- Log in to hPanel first.
- Next, go to the “File Manager” tab under the “Files” section.
- Now, locate the “public_html” folder, slightly scroll down and select the “wp-config.php” file.
- Click the “Edit” tab located in the top menu.
- Add or change the following line of code:
- Finally, click the “Save” button.
That’s how you can update WordPress safely to the latest version.
Round-the-clock WordPress Support Services Is At Your Fingertips
In this tutorial, you have learned how safely and hindrance-freely WordPress can be updated to the latest version. A site can be well-functioning when you constantly check for any upcoming WordPress releases and install the updates. So, perform the aforementioned guidance to update your site if it runs slowly and sluggishly.
Furthermore, you can contact us for reasonable and quality WordPress Support Services at your doorstep.