Of the many countries in the Asian region, why is Singapore the favorite to study abroad? There are quite a few reasons. Starting from the fact that Singapore is a small and developed country, Singapore also has many other charms. Even though it is a densely populated country, this country is one of the cleanest countries in the world!
Apart from that, what else makes this country interesting? One of the reasons you study in Singapore is because the cost of living is affordable, which is around SGD750-2,000 per month. The cost of living is also standard, an average of SGD10,000 – 13,000 per year. Interested in studying in Singapore? Let’s take a look at the 5 requirements for registration to study in Singapore!
- Know which campus you want to apply to first
In Singapore there are a number of the best universities that you can choose from. That is:
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- Singapore University of Technology and Design
- James Cook University
- Cornell-Nanyang Institute of Hospitality Management
- PSB Academy
- Singapore Institute of University
- Kaplan Singapore
- Curtin University
If you have made your choice, you can check the course application requirements on the institutions’ website. Each institution may have different requirements but not quite significant. If you can’t find the requirements, you can contact Vista Education for consultation for more information.
- Prepare the required documents
Although not all universities have the same requirements, they generally have the following requirements:
The report card value, namely the value of the last education report card from semester 1 to 6
Last education certificate
- CV (Curriculum Vitae): a letter containing your identity and work experience. This CV also contains recommendations from schools (teachers, principals, coaches).
- Motivation letter, containing your essay or explanation of why you want to study at your destination. Explain that you also have potential in the study program, need your destination campus as a place to grow, and make a contribution to the campus.
- Receipt letter from university in Singapore.
- Passport, which is a mandatory document owned by someone who wants to travel abroad.
- Financial evidence for study supplies and financial aid if any.
- Medical reports to state the presence of certain diseases or disabilities.
- Criminal record, if any.
- Prepare an English proficiency certificate
English proficiency certificate; You can use TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE. The minimum score requirements for this certificate are different for each campus. Generally, the minimum TOEFL score is 85-100. For the minimum IELTS score the average is 6.5, while the PTE is 56-66. You can also take the Malaysian University English Test (MUET) with an average score of Band 3.
- Don’t miss a student visa!
You know, do you need a visa to go to Singapore? Of course and the visa is not arbitrary. There are various types of visas according to their needs. International students must have a student visa in order to study abroad.
Visa in Singapore is also known as Student’s Pass. All international students who wish to study in Singapore must have this visa. However, if you have a Dependent Pass (DP) or Immigration Exemption Order (IEO), you don’t need to have a Student’s Pass visa.
- Payment of application fee
Here, prospective students need to fill out an application form and pay a registration fee. The payment method can use a credit card or Bank Draft. For credit cards, you can go through VISA or MasterCard. If you want to go through a Bank Draft, then you need to pay to the university with your name and application number by post.
If you want to register for educational institutions in Singapore but are still confused, you can search for courses provided by educational institutions across Singapore via CatEight Course Finder. You can easily find the right course to study and submit your course application to the Singapore institution online.